How Often Do You Get a Facial? Here’s Why You Should Do It Regularly
In between running errands and taking care of things, it’s easy to let your own beauty routine fall by the wayside. But just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you should neglect your skin. In fact, getting facials on a regular basis can do wonders for your skin.
Not sure how often you should get a facial? We’ve put together a quick guide to help you figure out the best schedule for you.
Consistency is Key
How often should I get a facial?
Most skin experts agree that everyone’s skin is different, so there’s no single answer to this question. The frequency of your facials will depend on many factors, such as your age, skin type, lifestyle, diet, and environment. The waiting duration from your past facial treatment to the next one is to be determined by these factors too.
Depending on your skin’s needs, your treatment may vary from 1-2 weeks to a 1-2 month wait time. But one thing is for sure, one should meet this with consistency.
What’s Your Skin Type?
One of the major factors our estheticians look out before giving you a facial is your skin type—this is to provide you with the right and effective treatment.
Here’s a rundown:
- If you have dry skin, you might want to be free from having a rough complexion and visible fine lines. To combat this, facials can hydrate and nourish your skin. A good rule of thumb is to get a facial every 4-5 weeks.
- If you have oily skin, you might be struggling with a shiny, thick complexion and the appearance of blemishes. Facials can remove excess sebum (oil) and impurities from your pores. It is recommended that people with oily skin get their facial treatment once every 2-3 weeks.
- If you have a combination skin type, organic facials can help balance oil production and maintain hydration levels. The ideal frequency for it would be every 4-5 weeks.
- If you have sensitive skin, you should try organic facials as well. These can improve blood circulation and promote cell turnover. Getting an organic facial would favor you a lot, especially since you are prone to suffering redness, dryness, and itchiness of the skin.
Nonetheless, a facial treatment would help your skin feel and look healthy. However, the key here is to be (1) knowledgeable of your skin type, and (2) find the best organic facial you could get. Fortunately, we now have Eminence facials that can address all your skin types and conditions, without the use of harsh chemicals.
The Health Benefits
More than getting a grip on relaxation and a time of self-care, regular facials also provide us with a great number of health benefits.
1. Improve Circulation in the Face
Organic facials encourage a good flow of blood beneath the skin. This then results in decreased puffiness and a good oxygenated blood flow. Remember that when our blood gets the oxygen it needs, the more efficient it is in transporting our body toxins out.
And guess what? Improved circulation is also good for our heart. Looking for a pleasant way to celebrate World Heart Day? Getting regular facials might just be it!
2. Lymphatic Drainage
Lymph nodes are found all throughout our body, and their primary purpose is to help fight infection by producing and storing white blood cells. When these lymph nodes get clogged, it can lead to a buildup of toxins, which can then result in infections. A good Eminence facial treatment can help unclog these lymph nodes and allow them to function properly.
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. This is important because it allows new, fresh skin cells to be exposed and promote cell turnover. It also improves our skin texture and tone, as well as its overall appearance.
So with good facial treatment, it is certain that your skin will have a better texture and appearance.
Step Up Your Self-Care Game!
Self-care is always good, especially when you get to reap its benefits for your physical and holistic health. So with the right combination of recreational activities, exercise, massage, and facials, there’s more to gain than there is to lose.
With its great benefits, you may wonder how often you should get an organic facial. Well, it’s not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing. Depending on what your esthetician thinks you need and depending on your skin type, getting your next facial session should be planned through. Nevertheless, any treatment works well when it is met with consistency.
This is also worth mentioning: facials are great for our overall health, especially if it is organic.
Leela Eco Spa offers organic facial treatments using Eminence Facial products. Drop by the spa today and let’s plan out your next facial session!